We have several factions to join in the sim. If you want to have a title, just message a Leadership Team member to let them know what faction you want to be a part of. We would suggest seeking the lead of that group if available as well.
All available factions, information, and lead status are available in the info hub and more info available at their headquarters. Each faction will have their own Mission statement and goals they follow under. If you character breaks them, you can be kicked out.
Factions may have specialized roles or jobs for your character, however you are not required to be in faction (i.e. Healer's Guild) to play your character as a healer.
You arrive to Faerendin as a traveler. If you move into the city proper, we have a citizen title available as well if no faction aligns with your goals.
Starting a Faction
1. You can not base a faction upon racial qualities. They need to be built upon similar goals and desires that involve the whole of the Sim, so they can facilitate great RP. No OOC discrimination.
2. To be considered for faction status, 5 members (Not alts) must be active consistently for at least 2 weeks. This doesn’t mean constant, and there’s no real requirement of time. Just notable activity. Leads will be 100% responsible for making their presence felt in the group and on Sim. If things come up in RL, all we ask is for a heads up so we know interest in the faction is still there.
3. You must form them with the understanding that leadership can shift based on IC action. Rebellions, coupes, hostile takeovers can happen. To help this, all official (and should be only) faction groups will be founded by Sonya Iceghost, and sim admin must be added as officers in these groups. However, we know leads can put a lot of work into their role, so we will do all we can to avoid a lead shift from someone who is dedicated.
4. While being considerate of RL, we must be willing to let a faction fade out and die if interest is lost or become something new. Stories ebb and flow, and so should the groups at play within them. If a Faction is struggling with numbers or goes more than one month without the required people we will put you on warning and eventually close it out and allow for another to take its place, but NOT BEFORE trying to help get things on track.
5. Each faction will be unique in their goals and what they represent, to allow people choices on where to play their character.
6. No player is required to be a part of a faction.
Message the Leadership Team if you need more info!